Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Majesty for about 15 years & was very unhappy with the hassle of routine maintenance. It seems that Yamaha goes out of their way to make it hard. (Same with the Virago I had). I am trying, with no luck, to find the location of the air filter, the battery, oil filter & drain plug & such items that SHOULD be quick & easy but were not on the Majesty. I know I will have to pay to have the drive belt changed but the rest SHOULD be easy. I am really soured on Yamaha but there isn't much else available & a local store has an S Max.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the Smax in question has an owners manual (the one that comes with the bike when it is new), all of the locations mentioned will be there. The smax does call for valve checks every 2000 miles or so. Oil every 1800 miles. I checked the valves on average every 4k miles. I adjusted mine when it was new, and have only had an exhaust valve tightened up slightly. Currently with 18k miles.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the valves on my Majesty once at the first recommended time & never again for the entire 101,000 miles I put on it in about 14 years.

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you that the Majesty was maintenance intensive, you won;t like an SMax....and definitely not a Burgman 200.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why? One air filter on each & fairly easy to get to. Easy to check the tire pressure on the rear tire. Should be easier to get to the battery & likelier easier to check the oil. Yamaha goes out of their way to make SIMPLE chores hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts