Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seat, Windshield 12V adapter

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dwighta46 
#1 ·
The butt rest/kidney bump on the seat should be removed or made VERY adjustable, especially aft. The windshield should be taller out of the factory. Every modern motorcycle/scooter should have a convenience 12v adapter. Great bike nonetheless!

#2 ·
I agree on every one of your suggestions. The butt bumper is useless and ugly (at least the Burgman butt bumper can be converted into a mid-back with the JV extender).
The windshield is just short enough to blow most people straight in the face instead of over them.
Like you, my kingdom for a 12v convenience outlet. (How inconvenient!!)

#4 ·
In agreement on all counts and dissapointed to learn Utopia will not be providing an aftermarket backrest: they tried and couldn't make it happen.

#5 ·
knew33 said:
You have echoed my exact complains about the Majesty...except, I would also like the added conveinece of self-defeating turn signals and larger diameter wheels for better stability on the highway in cross winds.
Self-cancelling turn signals are surprisingly difficult for bikes. It has to do with the sensors that are used and how they are tripped. Apparently they often do not cancel when they should-- even on the big bikes that come with them built-in (e.g. BMW K1200LT). I'd rather have a beeper to remind me than a system that only works part of the time. :wink:

#6 ·
I agree with all the comments about the seat and the turn signals. Corbin just introduced a seat change for the Majesty (pricey, $399 for the front and $219. for the rear) have talked to other owners of motorcycles that have Corbin seats and they pretty much say the same thing, WOULD NOT RIDE A BIKE WITHOUT ONE (CORBIN SEAT)!
As far as turn signal, could be a timed flasher, with the customer setting the amount of time before the signals cancelled. Some company makes them for motorcycles, but have not seen an availability for the Majesty.
So there are my two cents, thinking of getting the Corbin seats, but having a hard time parting with $700.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.