Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My
Tmax isn't charging. They are not exactly unknown for burning out reg/rectifiers. I got a supposedly good s/hand reg and chucked it on today but it hasn't cured it. So i decided to start taking some readings on both regulators off the bike and it looks like s/hand one is faulty but the one that is on there is within spec? Can anyone check my work and confirm this?

OEM Reg. Using a DMM.

Positive probe to regulator negative connector and the reading from each of the 3 phase connectors.

con1 511 - con2 500 - con3 520

Negative probe to regulator positive connector

con1 521 - con2 520 - con3 525

S/hand Reg. Using a DMM.

Positive probe to regulator negative connector and the reading from each of the 3 phase connectors.

con1 519 - con2 1 - con3 522

Negative probe to regulator positive connector

con1 532 - con2 533 - con3 520

I'm thinking second hand one has faulty diode and no good, but the OEM one is within spec, or are those figures too far apart?

Moving on to checking the stator, iirc, any continuity between any of the 3 phase wires and earth means it's had it? Does anyone know if MK1 and 2 stators are the same?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Yes, the battery is fine. Measuring across the battery terminals I only get the battery voltage (12.8) which drops slightly when the bike is running, regardless of revs. It isn't charging.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts