Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The top speed of the 06 Majesty YP400 is suppose to be 90m/145km.
Mine tops out at 90km highway and 50km up a steep hill.
Is it the CVT, rollers, etc that control this ?
thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you assume your motor is producing its expected power and torque, and you also assume that your speedometer is reasonably accurate, then yes, your CVT would then likely be the root cause of the reduced indicated top speed. Parts do wear, and problems may arise.

The belt wears as part of normal operation and should be replaced at its scheduled maintenance window. While the belt is being replaced other CVT components can be inspected and replaced if needed.

And yes, aftermarket rollers of different weights can be installed, to modify the bike's performance. Generally, you would change weights to "tune" for more acceleration with a reduced top speed, or for higher top speed with a lower rate of acceleration.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
You should be able to hit 145 kph indicated. I often got a little careless & saw 90 MPH indicated. I don't know how much faster it would go as I quickly backed off when I saw that.
The actual speed would be about 10% less.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It should be faster than that. My speedo is no doubt optimistic, but I've seen 98 mph on the speedo with my daughter on the back. It still had a little more to go. Not a lot more to go, but just a little. Mine is bone stock, other than a Givi windscreen and a Givi trunk.
When I first got it, it would smell like melting aluminum at about 85 mph. At about 90, it would run out of fuel and cut out. I replaced the fuel pump with some after market Ebay unit and it has been fine ever since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts