Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When trying to buy a topcase, it gets confusing as to which models fit the Majesty. I need to know which mount and topcase to buy E52? V46? E460?

I have a silver 06 Majesty.

Thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered the Yamaha topcase, it's huge and nice looking. Check the same website yamaha has for the Maj, and click on Accessorites

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the E52NF with the E331 mount. Two of them, actually, one for mine and one for my One-and-Only's Maj. It actually went on in about a half hour. I haven't hooked up the tailight because I was waiting for the service manual, which just arrived. I hope to take some photos and post a step-by-step next weekend.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i also have the Givi V46 top case, and the e331 mount plate.

it's slightly larger then the yamaha case (yam case = 44 L , Givi case = 46 L) and the givi case can be color coded to match your majesty.

jason

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just put on my GIVI V46 with optional padded passenger backrest, and top luggage rack. It all works really well, easy to install. And the gloss silver top matches my majesty perfectly!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Just curious, what do you use the top case for? I haven't needed more space than what is under the seat at this point.

·
Registered
518 Posts
the top case gets used for everything !

loads of shopping, spare helmet (not enough room under the seat for two anymore, after the stereo went in!)

pizza run (i can get two large pizzas in the box no probs !)

between the under seat storage and the box, i can get 6 full bags of shopping home easily. the topcase is one of those things that you didnt know that you needed, untill you buy one.

then you cant imagine life without it !

jason

·
Registered
70 Posts
I tell them Black Sheep now I can put 2 buckets of chicken and a case of beer on my scooter with my top case :lol:. But I like the 44L it was cheaper and my wife has a back rest. I have not found any options for it as of yet. But you can see where a inside light can be installed. Rob

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Hi,

I have the V46 and it is very nice to have so much storage. Since I use my bike so much I can go to the store and get about 10 bags of grocery's. It is funny to see peoples faces when I pull up the shopping cart to my bike and then they watch me put all those bags in it. I can do most things with the Majesty. I also have the Galaxy Blue color case. It can be somewhat expensive but well worth it. I also have the gel pad for my wife to lean against. She really likes it too.

Jeff

·
Registered
98 Posts
Good luck with ordering the Yamaha top case. I got my case but they backordered the mounting bracket... That was over 2 months ago. Last week Yamaha extended the expected delivery date from October 27 to December 11. Wish I had gone with GIVI now!

Drsam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drsam44 said:
Good luck with ordering the Yamaha top case. I got my case but they backordered the mounting bracket... That was over 2 months ago. Last week Yamaha extended the expected delivery date from October 27 to December 11. Wish I had gone with GIVI now!

Drsam
I was afraid someone would say that. That is actually the reason I originally went with the Givi backrest instead of the Yamaha one. They are horrible about shipping accessories.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The Bestem 2012 top case (37 liters) sells for about $89, including shipping. It comes in multiple colors instead of just black, so it might match your Majesty.

The mounting plate can be attached without requiring a separate luggage rack, so instead of spending several hundred dollars, you can get by with less than $90.

There's a larger size now (@46 liters) being offered too.

Try searching for Cruiserbackrest on eBay. You'll see the box being offered for other bikes. It's the same top box and mounting plate for all of them.

Chris

·
Registered
274 Posts
Daboo said:
The Bestem 2012 top case (37 liters) sells for about $89, including shipping. It comes in multiple colors instead of just black, so it might match your Majesty.

The mounting plate can be attached without requiring a separate luggage rack, so instead of spending several hundred dollars, you can get by with less than $90.

There's a larger size now (@46 liters) being offered too.

Try searching for Cruiserbackrest on eBay. You'll see the box being offered for other bikes. It's the same top box and mounting plate for all of them.

Chris
Hi Chris, I mounted the Bestem box on my Majesty, and contrary to the setup you have on a Burgman, I do NOT recommend to try to bolt on the Bestem plate directly onto a Majesty. First I made spacers to use the two bolts farther back (I drilled two big holes through the plastic top panel to fit these), but soon realized that this setup had WAY to much bounce (it was actaully starting to bend the Bestem steel plate), especially since I have to go 1/3mile gravel road up and down a hill each day. So I ended up fabricating myself another bracket that attaches to the two front bolt holes under the seat as well. So even though the Bestem plate is steel and strong, I would recommend using it only on either the Yamaha or the Givi mount, especially if you are not handy enough to fabricate yourself something stout.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
cruppelt said:
Hi Chris, I mounted the Bestem box on my Majesty, and contrary to the setup you have on a Burgman, I do NOT recommend to try to bolt on the Bestem plate directly onto a Majesty. First I made spacers to use the two bolts farther back (I drilled two big holes through the plastic top panel to fit these), but soon realized that this setup had WAY to much bounce (it was actaully starting to bend the Bestem steel plate), especially since I have to go 1/3mile gravel road up and down a hill each day. So I ended up fabricating myself another bracket that attaches to the two front bolt holes under the seat as well...
Hmmm. Thanks for posting this. Now you have me wondering. (BTW, I think you have a great first name. Even the last name initial is great! :D )

So you have me wondering...you mention the bouncing...did you secure the plate with a nut under the plate as well? I obviously do not have a Majesty to go look at, but on mine I have a bolt going through the mounting plate with a nut under the mounting plate. The "spacer" I use is just some black rubber hose to hide the bolt and it doesn't perform any other function in holding things in place. With the nut under the plate, on mine anyway, that plate isn't going anywhere. In fact, you could probably put a couple hundred pounds on the mounting plate and the only effect would be to make it extremely easy to pop wheelies! :)

However, without the nut, the plate would move up and down.

"...that attaches to the two front bolt holes under the seat as well." Is this where the Yamaha/Givi luggage rack would attach? I'm having a hard time visualizing this.

I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. Perhaps we can make this work though for others who don't have your metal working skills and for whom $$ are tight.

Another "Chris R"

·
Registered
274 Posts
Daboo said:
So you have me wondering...you mention the bouncing...did you secure the plate with a nut under the plate as well? I obviously do not have a Majesty to go look at, but on mine I have a bolt going through the mounting plate with a nut under the mounting plate. The "spacer" I use is just some black rubber hose to hide the bolt and it doesn't perform any other function in holding things in place. With the nut under the plate, on mine anyway, that plate isn't going anywhere. In fact, you could probably put a couple hundred pounds on the mounting plate and the only effect would be to make it extremely easy to pop wheelies! :)

However, without the nut, the plate would move up and down.
Hi other Chris R,
Yeah, I'm with you on the name, it's a good one as names go :D :D

On the bounce, when I say I have spacers under the plate, then I mean I made stainless steel cylinders, 1" diameter, inner hole slightly larger then the M10 screws going through (or where they M8?). The plate actually started bending slightly around the washer under the screw head on the top side. As I said before, I have a badly rutted gravel road I have to go over every day, and I do usually load my box with my gym bag. My main excercise is swimming, so when I have wet stuff in there it does get rather heavy, maybe all the way up to 10 lbs or so. The combination of heavy load starting to swing at a bad frequency over the rutts is what did it for me. It might be fine otherwise for most folks just running smooth roads.

As to the two back and the two front holes, they are all easily accessible once you take the top middle panel off (two sheetmetal screws from underneath, right over the taillight), and the back seat for the two front ones. Without that back panel on, you could with relative ease install the box with four spacers, two short ones for the back, two longer ones for the front holes, EXCEPT that a) I don't like the look of the back end without the panel on, it looks unfinished to me, and b) you wouldn't have enough passenger space left to truly ride 2 up. So my point is you have to move the box farther back to where you need a kind of Z form bracket to connect to these two front holes. As to the back end top panel, I really had to cut into that quite a bit to create enough space for my brackets to fit. Like I said, give me some time and maybe I can shoot a couple of photos this weekend and post them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Gentlemen:
Thanks for the info above. Looks great.
I want to add the largest available top box to my maj and I'm wondering if I can still use the exising Yamaha passenger backrest or if I must buy something that directly attaches to the top box? Suggestions?
I'd like to know if anyone has tried this and if it can be made to work. Thanks.

·
Registered
599 Posts
For any of these top boxes, are they easily removable? i.e. can you slide them on and off whenever you want without tools or are they semi-permanent? Personally, I don't like the look of the things but the occasional functionality could be usable. I just wouldn't want one on all the time. Also, I have a passenger back rest, does this interfere with the mounting of these boxes?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wilmo said:
For any of these top boxes, are they easily removable? i.e. can you slide them on and off whenever you want without tools or are they semi-permanent? Personally, I don't like the look of the things but the occasional functionality could be usable. I just wouldn't want one on all the time. Also, I have a passenger back rest, does this interfere with the mounting of these boxes?
Two observations:
1) The main locking mechanism that holds the box to the mounting plate is quite easy to open on any of the main brands. The plate and/or luggage rack (depending on brand) stays on the bike. This decidetly doesn't look very "clean" compared to the standard bike.

2) If you have the box wired up for brake light / running light, that changes things a little, since you have to deal with an electrical connection as well. Depending on how handy you or the installer are, the connectors can be put in in a way that they are accessible, but it's definitly more of a PITA then just a light-less box, which goes up and down SUPER FAST.

Edit: Yes, the back rest does interfere with different boxes, but I don't know which mounting works and which doesn't. somebody else please chime in here.

I hope that helps!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm thinking I might try to get one of those Bestem boxes, but rig up a set of brackets to mount the box OVER the pillion, instead of hanging off the back.

I cannot forsee having anyone ride with me, and don't really like something hanging off the back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.