Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, What will it cost to get a oil and filter change from my local Yamaha dealer? What has your prices been for this kind of job?

Thanks, Scooterman

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
$72 at Texas Yamaha South near NASA.
IMHO a ripoff considering we have an outstanding tutorial with pictures in the How-to section! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
56 Posts
$90 at the dealer in Tucson, of course he says they check everything out too.. Must be why the air cleaner boxes were missing three screws when I got it back.. I had the initial 600 mile svc done there, but have done them all myself since.. Only takes about 30 minutes and is simple to do..

·
Registered
518 Posts
im doing all the minor services myself every 5000km (oil's and filter), but here in oz, the major services (every 10,000km) must be done by a licensed motor mechanic, otherwise yamaha will not honor their warranty.

my next major service, due in about 4 months, will cost me about $700 AU

i have already asked the dealer how much (it's gonna be the 20,000km service), and includes a new drive belt. the 10,000 km service cost me $480 AU.

i too think the prices are way over the top, but i do not have any choice if i want to retain my warranty.

jason

·
Registered
136 Posts
$53, in Mukwonago, WI. ride safe all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.