Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought a 2005 Majesty in January with 418 miles on it for $4,000.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The value of scoots and other vehicles varies quite a bit nationwide-- particularly on used vehicles. Remember, any vehicle (car or scoot) is going to depreciate substantially when you drive it out the door! :? The supply and demand for the bike in your area also will make a huge differenceon its value used. The two best places to check prices are Kelley's Blue Book or Edmunds. Both are available online.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Thanks for information and I paid 4500.00 for this scooter. My local motorcycle dealers don't keep these scooters in stock. So might be easier to sell here.

Scooterman45

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mainly because I have found riding on the roads are very dangerous with people talking on their cellphones and driving at same time. People here in this city run red lights all the time and I hear on my police scanner all the time accidents with cars and motorcycles. I have been riding motorcycles offroad for over 30 years and never been on the road till now. Another is my doctors are telling me I cann't get hurt because of my health problems with blood thinners.

Thanks, Scooterman

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds like you made a wise choice for yourself. As for selling price, I'm patiently watching Ebay to see what the market will bear. In recent weeks, a BRAND NEW 05 with zero miles, doesn't seem to clear about $4,500. There's a new 05 zero-miles charcoal listed now, which is a "re-list." Last week the actual same bike reached a high bid of $4,450, but this did not reach the dealer's minimum so there was no sale. Now he's listing again, but his "But It Now" price is higher than some dealers are offering for a brand new '06.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Things are tipping toward higher scooter prices, too, so keep this in mind.

I think most of us have acclimated to the idea of gas hoving under 3 bucks a gallon -- you'll see behavior change if the price stays above 3 bucks for any length of time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, I will be keeping my Scooter instead of selling it. I have the fun of pasting gas stations without stopping.

Scooterman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.